Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /www/subeta.net/forums/index.php on line 49 [ adv + group request ] Asylum RP - Subeta
[ adv + group request ] Asylum RP
#1 :: November 1st, 2012 @ 12:29 PM
Exdromeda
gets around

User Avatar: 618846
343 Posts
178 Achievements

Hello and welcome, I am Zee! & I am seeking people who would like to collaborate and create a dark, asylum role play. I would prefer it to be adult characters with a unique story-line. I've done several asylum 'plays before, but want some input on this one.

If you have any suggestions, ideas or just want to hop on the band wagon: please ping me!

I love dark, demented and disturbing RPs and will kiss the feet of whomever decides to help out. Let's just keep it Subeta-ppropriate please.

Thank you for your patience.

♥ Zee

#2 :: November 1st, 2012 @ 1:06 PM
Aetheath
Subeta Luva

User Avatar: 620064
55 Posts
112 Achievements

@Exdromeda
Hey there, really interested in this. I love asylum rps, both the normal safe ones with some dangerous patients to the dark twisted ones where it doesn't help the patients at all.
If you need a specific kind of plot, you could go with the old kind of asylums of the 17-19th century or a modern asylum that is secretly experimenting/torturing/whoringout patients, their patients often being too messed up or far gone for people to be wondering about their recovering or to rat out the staff.

#3 :: November 1st, 2012 @ 1:16 PM
Exdromeda
gets around

343 Posts
178 Achievements

@Aetheath

I think a modern or even an alternate universe / some sort of sci-fi would be interesting. I love the idea of experimentation. Perhaps the plot could surround troubled adults who are transferred to this facility and aren't necessarily insane, but are tested on so violently that they go insane. We'd have the typical insane patients and doctors, but I was thinking that it'd be interesting to have this going on beneath the cover of the asylum. Potentially, it could be a government study about defiant adults and those who don't follow the mainstream rules. It could be a dystopian future.

#4 :: November 1st, 2012 @ 1:37 PM
Aetheath
Subeta Luva

55 Posts
112 Achievements

@Exdromeda
Oh that sounds very interesting. A sort of Big Brother/1984 sort of universe. And of course they might experiment on the typically insane as well, and perhaps do a study on the differences of one the ones that came to them crazy and the ones that turned crazy.
I can totally think of a patient character for that kind of place 8D
Now I have a question in regards to when profiles become set up, in appearances would one use a written description, use a photo, or use a drawing/anime picture?

#5 :: November 1st, 2012 @ 1:39 PM
Exdromeda
gets around

343 Posts
178 Achievements

@Aetheath

Yay! I'm so glad you approve. That is a superb idea.
Perhaps we should have slots for government officials or nurses/doctors...
As for appearances, I'd much prefer a written description over anything. I will have to work on a skelly tonight.

#6 :: November 1st, 2012 @ 1:49 PM
Aetheath
Subeta Luva

55 Posts
112 Achievements

@Exdromeda
Slots for government officials and doctors/nurses seem like a good idea to have. The government officials wanting their little puppets, some doctors/nurses being sick and twisted, enjoying the experimentation. and perhaps some doctors/nurses might actually want to find a way to help the poor patients that have been victimized.

And alright,t hat works for me. If it had been photograph, I would have a bit of a problem lol.

#7 :: November 1st, 2012 @ 2:11 PM
Exdromeda
gets around

343 Posts
178 Achievements

@Aetheath

Perfect, I'll work on the ins and outs of bios then. ^0^
I'm going to friend request you and maybe we can get a few more pre-joiners before we begin.

#8 :: November 1st, 2012 @ 2:23 PM
Aetheath
Subeta Luva

55 Posts
112 Achievements

@Exdromeda
Sounds like an awesome plan :3

#9 :: November 1st, 2012 @ 8:07 PM
Exdromeda
gets around

343 Posts
178 Achievements

@Aetheath

How's this so far?

Name: Sascha Thorne
Nickname: Bones
Orientation: Asexual, fearful of women (especially when in authoritative positions).

A P P E A are A N C E

Height / Weight / Build: Sascha is 5'9" with a weight of around 110 maxing at 120 lbs. hence his nickname. He is unattractively skinny, with hardly any muscle mass.
Hair: Shaved to the grain, you can see the damage he'd taken to his head over the years.
Eyes: Sunken and circled with black from insomnia. They are a deep brown color that sometimes has a hint of honey hues.
Skin: Pale, sometimes tinted gray or dull from poor hydration. It is thin and vein-ridden especially around his stomach. He has dealt with liver damage so sometimes can even look yellow.

P E are S oh N A L I T Y

Diagnosed Disorder: Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Dissociative Fugue, Trichotillomania, and suspected mood disorders.
Co-morbid Symptoms: Bones is fearful of most women in control, large groups, eating, several animals, and having his face get stuck in one position. He's also afflicted with waves of compulsive lying, stealing, and of course: hair pulling. He tends to rock and move around constantly. He is an insomniac and has to be force fed often. He hates the feeling of eating and drinking, and is afraid of being poisoned. He often looses his memory in gaps and will sleepwalk.
Abilities & Limitations: Bones is capable of most everyday tasks such as dressing himself, using the bathroom, and showering. He is talented with drawing, but prefers crayons as his only medium. He is limited in more ways than capable. He is unable to be on the outside world.

History: ( under construction )

Family: Mother - Marcine Thorne-Oberbeck ( Deceased )
Father - Unknown

#10 :: November 1st, 2012 @ 8:10 PM
Aetheath
Subeta Luva

55 Posts
112 Achievements

@Exdromeda
Seems pretty good to me.
I'm gonna ping my sister and see if she's interested (has yet to respond to text)

@Oddly

#11 :: November 1st, 2012 @ 11:12 PM
Exdromeda
gets around

343 Posts
178 Achievements

@Aetheath

Sounds good. ^0^

#12 :: November 2nd, 2012 @ 1:03 AM
Oddly

User Avatar: 619774
6 Posts
95 Achievements

@Aetheath Thanks for pinging me sis! I'm definitely interested, asylum RP's are so fun. <3

#13 :: November 2nd, 2012 @ 1:21 AM
Aetheath
Subeta Luva

55 Posts
112 Achievements

@Oddly
You're welcome :3 and ikr? So fun. And this one as a nice twist to it.

#14 :: November 2nd, 2012 @ 11:10 AM
Exdromeda
gets around

343 Posts
178 Achievements

@Oddly @Aetheath

Hey there! I am glad to see that you're interested. c:
I'm working on my own character's bio still as we speak, but do you have any questions thus far?

#15 :: November 5th, 2012 @ 9:46 PM
Mausi
is lonely

User Avatar: 611357
770 Posts
361 Achievements

@Exdromeda

I'm interested in roleplaying. I've got a character from an asylum.
what direction did you wanna go with the roleplay?

#16 :: November 6th, 2012 @ 12:06 AM
neurotoxic
only has room for one

User Avatar: 608535
6 Posts
30 Achievements

@Exdromeda I'm interested, though I'm not sure how much I'll be able to get on Subeta. I'd still love to try, though! :3

#17 :: November 6th, 2012 @ 1:25 AM
Exdromeda
gets around

343 Posts
178 Achievements

@ImposterSquall

Awesome! My main idea is just to keep it grimy. Have experimentation, corruption and possible escape of the asylum with a lot of NPC or personal character deaths. I hope you decide to join. We have a character bio page up under the character development forum.

@neurotoxic

Sure thing! Maybe you could play a character that isn't a dire part of the plot. A corrupt doctor or something?

#18 :: December 19th, 2012 @ 11:06 PM
Tmanosaur
only has room for one

User Avatar: 621177
157 Posts
162 Achievements

'Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need

@Exdromeda I'm interested too!

Chasing relentlessly, still fighting and I don't know why

#19 :: December 21st, 2012 @ 3:32 PM
Exdromeda
gets around

343 Posts
178 Achievements

@Tmanosaur

Oh my!
Please hop right in!

#20 :: December 21st, 2012 @ 4:42 PM
Tmanosaur
only has room for one

User Avatar: 621177
157 Posts
162 Achievements

'Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need

@Exdromeda
where do I hop in?

Chasing relentlessly, still fighting and I don't know why

#21 :: December 21st, 2012 @ 5:10 PM
Exdromeda
gets around

343 Posts
178 Achievements

@Tmanosaur

If only I could tell you! >:C

Which is right here: http://subeta.net/forums/view/877031

Sorry about that.

#22 :: December 21st, 2012 @ 11:16 PM
WaveWatcher
is ZOMBIE LONG TIME

User Avatar: 191153
2,396 Posts
347 Achievements

@Exdromeda I've never been apart of an Asylum style game but this looks well put together and fun I would like to join in if that is acceptable. I will happily fill any role that as of yet does not have a voice.

Last Edit by: WaveWatcher 12/21/12 - 11:16:44 pm

#23 :: December 22nd, 2012 @ 12:05 AM
Exdromeda
gets around

343 Posts
178 Achievements

@WaveWatcher

Sounds wonderful, currently we are short on doctors and government officials.
However patients are always welcome as we can just use NPCs for the most part. ^u^

#24 :: December 22nd, 2012 @ 12:39 AM
WaveWatcher
is ZOMBIE LONG TIME

User Avatar: 191153
2,396 Posts
347 Achievements

@Exdromeda I can be a government official, anything in particular that is needed?

#25 :: December 22nd, 2012 @ 12:39 PM
Jaeya
only has room for one

User Avatar: 622575
201 Posts
103 Achievements

@Exdromeda

I don't suppose you have room for another patient? o:

Though depending on how things go, I'd probably be willing to double as a doctor/nurse, too. c:

#26 :: December 24th, 2012 @ 11:38 AM
Exdromeda
gets around

343 Posts
178 Achievements

@WaveWatcher

Nothing in particular, especially since I haven't finished the skeleton for the government officials.
Here is the page for all the bios: x
I would suggest using the nurse/doctor skeleton and modifying it to fit an official as needed.
Oh! You should know that the government officials are generally uncaring about the patients and such, as their greater goal is in the research and 'testing' of the patients.
If you'd like to come up with some plot twists and/or need some push in a direction, let me know. I may join as a second official as well. Just to help you out.

@Jaeya

Perfect! I just saw your bio and it sounds just right. ^ ^ ;
The only thing that isn't consistent is the fact that she has a lip ring, in asylums those would not be allowed. Other than that, you're good to post!

Last Edit by: Exdromeda 12/24/12 - 11:39:51 am

#27 :: December 24th, 2012 @ 1:10 PM
Jaeya
only has room for one

User Avatar: 622575
201 Posts
103 Achievements

@Exdromeda

Ah, good point. I'll change it so that it's her piercing scar that's visible. My bad!